- Melange Grey Dress Pants by Gap (96% Cotton, 4% Spandex)
- 3/4 Black Trench (72% Polyester, 20% cotton, 8% "other" materials) by H&M
- 100% Pima Cotton Polos by various brands
- They fit/drape fantastically (as much to do with the materials as to do with buying clothes that fit).
- They wear fantastically- in other words they show little signs of wear and tear.
- They are stylish because they were made with classic looks in mind, but use newer materials to achieve a perfect blend of old and new design. Almost a "less is more" philosophy.
- I can wear them for nearly any occasion due to their combination of simplicity, comfort and style. They blend to fit your look.
I point all of this out because, at first glance, I love these new garments by Outlier. I had heard about Outlier a few months back (and several times since) and was intrigued because, simply, the guys behind the label seem to share my appreciation for "synth done right" and taken it to a ridiculously high level of meticulousness.
Using materials with names like, "4Season Lotus" and an application called the "3XDry treatment" Outlier has created garments that should stand the test of time both in style and usage. It is a new blend of nanotechnology with the DNA of old-school construction principles. Bottom line, they are well-constructed, wrinkle-resistent, water and stain-resistent, breathable, stretchable, worn for any occasion... heck is there anything these pants can't do?
Methinks a serial killer might be afflicted too... check out the anecdote the guys have,"The bike was destroyed, the knees battered and bleeding, yet the pants were just fine and that was exactly the quality of construction we knew we needed."
Maybe the pants are destined for an episode of CSI:NY or something. Just imagine:
CBS Commercial voiceover: "The team can't find clues to track down a killer on the streets responsible for killing a company's bike messengers. But did the company ever think the killer might be one of their own?
Cut to Gary Sinese: "There's no blood, no fibers, nothing."
CBS Commercial voiceover: "It's the CSI's toughest case yet!"
OK, maybe a little extreme, but so are these clothes. Currently offering 2 styles of pants (4Season or Dry Cotton+synth), a merino+synth hoodie, a waxed cotton cap and a not-so-synth-but-shares-the-dream Merino wool T-shirt, Outlier also promises new garments for Fall. Buy them here and appreciate the dynamism for yourself.