Well, I have to say kudos to BananaRepublic.com for their current website survey prompt that allows you to choose 1 of 5 charities to donate monies to as your "Reward". Banana (and sister stores- Gap and Old Navy, apparently) is donating up to $4,000 to these charities based on survey participation.
I have to say, from my perspective, I take a survey (albeit seldom) because I want to, not because of the reward being offered. But this time, I genuinely took the survey only because I felt I could contribute to a good cause. The choices of charities are:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America - Provides safe places for youth to learn, grow, and develop skills that will help them realize their full potential (www.bgca.org)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America - Is the country's largest youth mentoring organization (www.bbbs.org)
- CARE - Works to fight poverty around the world through projects that focus on women, their families, and their communities (www.care.org)
- Dress for Success - Promotes the economic independence and self-sufficiency of disadvantaged women worldwide (www.dressforsuccess.org)
- Soles4Souls - Collects and distributes new and gently-used footwear to people in need throughout the world (www.giveshoes.org)