And check out James Danziger's blog, The Year in Pictures. The owner of the eponymous Danziger Projects Gallery has some very cool pictures and thoughts to share- including a brief on how the Sartorialist exhibition came to life.
As Shalise Manza Young from the Providence Journal reports...
Limited number of tickets available for Jan. 12 playoff game
The Patriots have announced that a limited number of tickets are still available for the team's AFC Divisional round playoff game on Jan. 12 at 8 p.m.
The tickets will go on sale Friday at 10 a.m., but there are some provisos: they will only be sold via Ticketmaster (ticketmaster.com or 508.931.2222), there is a four ticket per person limit, and purchases can only be made with a Visa card (they're a league and team sponsor).
Prices, set by the NFL, are as follows: $164, $130, $115 and $95.There's just ONE problem with that. Isn't it illegal to discriminate based on payment form- specifically when you are allowing for a specific type of payment form (via credit card), but dictating which type of card is accepted (Visa only)? I'm not sure it's on the level of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers discriminating against the state of New York, but I think this needs to be looked over by our friends at the District Attorney's office. Tracking...
Without further ado (and after 30 seconds of thought), a quick Top 10 Lines for 2008:
10. Pats win Super Bowl XLII!
9. Brady NOT the father of Baby Jack (aka John Edward Thomas Moynahan)!
8. Backing up your hard drive to a backup drive that is backed up to your usb thumb drive that is backed up by an online storage provider.
7. Facebook goes bankrupt. High school and college students everywhere go back to, um- school.
6. Google wins presidential election! (McCain loses on Florida ballot count. Hilary distant third.)
5. iPhone G2 = $399 upgrade to current iPhone (iPhone G1s mysteriously stop working). $599 for new buyers until October when price is reduced to $399. $200 rebate demand ensues from both newbies and upgraders. Steve Jobs joins board of Universal, Newscorp., CBS, and Paramount simultaneously.
4. The BCS still doesn't work.
3. Red Sox lose the World Series in 7 games to Johan Santana, who was signed by Omar Minaya, plays all 9 positions for the New York Mets and accounts for 100% of their payroll.
2. The Dark Knight breaks summer box office records. Iron Man holds its own against the Memorial Day onslaught. Speed Racer tanks. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull launches Shia LeBouf into 8 figures per flick territory.
1. Randy Moss resigns with Patriots- 5 years, $30 million. Brady redoes contract to create salary cap room.